BY: DUSAN BELIC, INTOMOBILE
FRIDAY, MARCH 15TH, 2013 AT 4:18 AM
The folks of Waypharer prepared a neat infographic to illustrate the long road modern smartphones has crossed from AT&T’s first mobile network established in 1946 to the latest smartphones like iPhone 5, HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S IV. Some of the more interesting dates include:
- 1994. IBM combines a cell phone and PDA to form the Simon Personal Communicator, which was sold for $1,099.
- 1999. The BlackBerry email device was launched
- 2000-2011. Symbian was the dominant platform.
- 2007. The iPhone was launched.
- 2008. Android saga begins.
- 2010. Windows Phone replaces Windows Mobile.
- 2012. Half a billion Android devices active all around the world.
- 2016. 1 billion smartphones bill be sold per year.